Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Texas Rangers (82-64) visit the Cleveland Guardians (69-78) to start a three-game series at Progressive Field, with first pitch at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. The Rangers are coming off a series victory over the Blue Jays, and the Guardians a series loss to the Giants.
The probable starters are Jon Gray (8-7) for the Rangers and Lucas Giolito (7-13) for the Guardians.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Guardians vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - TEX (8-7, 3.78 ERA) vs Giolito - CLE (7-13, 4.89 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Guardians Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Guardians|
|Rangers vs Guardians Odds|
|Rangers vs Guardians Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- Giolito makes the start for the Guardians, his 30th of the season. He is 7-13 with a 4.89 ERA and 177 strikeouts over 163 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went seven innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 29 games this season, the 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.89, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .240 against him.
- Giolito has recorded 13 quality starts this year.
- Giolito has pitched five or more innings in a game 24 times this year heading into this outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in three of his 29 outings this season.
Lucas Giolito vs. Rangers
- He will face off against a Rangers offense that ranks second in the league with 1356 total hits (on a .267 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .457 (third in the league) with 208 total home runs (sixth in MLB play).
- Giolito has pitched six innings, giving up four earned runs on seven hits while striking out five against the Rangers this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jon Gray
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Gray (8-7) for his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed four hits in 2 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.78 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .246 in 26 games this season.
- In 26 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 11 of them.
- Gray has made 21 starts of five or more innings in 26 chances this season, and averages 5.6 frames when he pitches.
- He has made 26 appearances and finished four of them without allowing an earned run.
Jon Gray vs. Guardians
- The Guardians rank 17th in MLB with a .247 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 28th in the league (.377) and 111 home runs.
- The Guardians have gone 5-for-23 with two home runs and four RBI in six innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.