Notre Dame vs. Mississippi State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 3:38 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 19, 2023 at 11:40 AM EDT
Sunday's game between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (26-5) and Mississippi State Bulldogs (22-10) matching up at Purcell Pavilion has a projected final score of 72-61 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Notre Dame, so it should be a lopsided matchup. The game will begin at 3:30 PM ET on March 19.
The Fighting Irish took care of business in their most recent game 82-56 against Southern Utah on Friday.
Notre Dame vs. Mississippi State Game Info
- When: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Purcell Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Notre Dame vs. Mississippi State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Notre Dame 72, Mississippi State 61
Notre Dame Schedule Analysis
- On December 18, the Fighting Irish picked up their best win of the season, a 63-52 victory over the Virginia Tech Hokies, who rank No. 4 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Fighting Irish have tied for the 11th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (nine).
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, Notre Dame is 5-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 36th-most victories.
- The Fighting Irish have eight wins versus Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 28th-most in the country.
Notre Dame 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-52 on the road over Virginia Tech (No. 4/AP Poll) on December 18
- 74-60 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 4
- 68-65 on the road over Louisville (No. 23) on February 26
- 78-76 at home over Louisville (No. 23) on February 16
- 66-60 over NC State (No. 27) on March 3
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Notre Dame Performance Insights
- The Fighting Irish are outscoring opponents by 16.3 points per game with a +506 scoring differential overall. They put up 75 points per game (35th in college basketball) and allow 58.7 per contest (47th in college basketball).
- On offense, Notre Dame is averaging 70.1 points per game this season in conference tilts. As a comparison, its season average (75 points per game) is 4.9 PPG higher.
- The Fighting Irish are putting up 79.3 points per game when playing at home. In road games, they are averaging 68.8 points per contest.
- Notre Dame allows 56.8 points per game at home this season, compared to 57.9 on the road.
- The Fighting Irish have been racking up 68.5 points per game in their last 10 times on the court, an average that's slightly lower than the 75 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.