Coroner identifies man killed in weekend shooting

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - The Allen County Coroner’s Office has identified the man who was shot Sunday evening on the city’s southeast side as a 64-year-old man.
Police say the shooting happened in the 5000 block of Roberta Drive around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. Police say a man was pronounced dead at the scene while a woman was last said to be in non-life-threatening condition.
66-year-old Kenneth Hogan, Jr. was then charged with murder and aggravated battery in the shooting. A probable cause affidavit filed in the case says Hogan told police he was angry about being robbed earlier in the day, blaming the woman for the robbery. He said he did not mean to shoot the man, who he said was “like a brother to him.”
The coroner has identified the man as David Lee Norris of Fort Wayne. His death was ruled a homicide, marking the 9th in Allen County so far this year.
Watch our previous report below.
Copyright 2024 WPTA. All rights reserved.










