World Recycling Month 2023
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - November is World Recycling Month and we are talking with Shanisty Ireland, Food & Lifestyle influencer about what you need to know about some healthy snacks to consider.
Solula’s Garlicky Guacamole in Avocado Shells
● 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
● 3 large ripe avocados
● 1 small tomato, diced (about 1/3 cup)
● ¼ cup chopped cilantro
● 2 tbsp jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
● Juice of ½ lime
● Salt, to taste
1. Place unpeeled garlic in a small skillet over medium heat and cook, turning occasionally, until soft and blacked in spots, 10-15 minutes. Cool, then remove the skins and mash with a fork.
2. Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop the avocado into a medium bowl, leaving shell intact. Add the roasted garlic, tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt.
3. Coarsely mash everything together, leaving a few chunks as desired. Taste and add more salt and lime juice as desired. Transfer to empty avocado shells and serve with Solula Roasted Garlic Tostones.
You can purchase Solula tostones from Fresh Thyme Market. You can also purchase Solula tostones from our online store at https://enjoysolula.com. Find Solula on Facebook @Solula and on Instagram and TikTok @EnjoySolula.
Copyright 2023 WPTA. All rights reserved.