Tech Tips: Don’t Lose Your Head Over a Lost Phone
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - Tech expert, Alyssa Armenta, Assistant Store Manager AT&T Greater Lakes, joins INsight to help ease our worries and tell us what to do before and after we might become separated from our phones.
Before You Lose Your Phone:
1. Phone Insurance
2. Lock screen
3. Remote locator
4. Back up your data
After You Lose Your Phone:
1. Call your phone
2. Use a “Find My Device” service.
3. Lock it and/or erase sensitive data
4. Change passwords - Fortunately, most apps, especially the ones that contain sensitive information will warn you about unauthorized attempts to access your account, but sometimes it happens.
If you still can’t find your phone
· If you think it’s stolen and not lost – report it to the police.
· Go to your nearest carrier’s store.
· Keep an eye on financial statements.
Stop by the AT&T store at 3401 Butler Rd. Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Copyright 2023 WPTA. All rights reserved.