Funeral arrangements set for Indiana State Police Master Trooper killed in line of duty
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - We’re learning when the visitation and funeral for Indiana State Police Master Trooper James Bailey will happen.
Visitation will take place Friday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the County Line Church of God in Auburn, Indiana State Police said.
RELATED COVERAGE: Remembering Master Trooper Bailey
The funeral is scheduled for Saturday morning at 11 at Garrett High School. Following the funeral, a procession will take Master Trooper Bailey’s body from the high school to the burial site at Calvary Cemetery.
Bailey, a 15 and a half year veteran of ISP, died Friday night after police say he was hit by a suspect being chased by Fort Wayne Police on Interstate 69, just south of Auburn. Court documents released Monday show what investigators say led up to the crash.
A memorial fund has been set up in Bailey’s name.
Indiana State Police say the public is invited to show their support to Bailey’s family along the procession route Saturday (detailed list below). 21Alive will also provide a livestream of Bailey’s service Saturday morning on our Facebook page.
The procession route is as follows:
- Departing from Garrett High School on the east side
- Second Street south to Warfield
- Warfield west to S.R. 327 (Randolph Street) northbound
- S.R. 327 (Randolph Street) northbound to S.R. 8
- S.R. 8 east through Auburn to Cedar Street (Stop at Dekalb County Courthouse)
- South on Cedar Street to Ensley Street
- Ensley Street southwest to Wayne Street
- Wayne Street southwest to C.R. 427
- C.R. 427 to westbound C.R. 11A
- C.R. 11A to C.R. 56 westbound
- C.R. 56 to northbound S.R. 327
- S.R. 327 to Dennis Street
- Dennis Street westbound to Ijams Street
- Ijams Street to Houston Street (Final 10-42 in front of St. Joseph Catholic Church 300 W. Houston Street Garrett, IN)
- Houston Street westbound to Hamsher Street
- Hamsher Street southbound to Calvary Cemetery
Copyright 2023 WPTA. All rights reserved.