City pools to close for the season
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - City pools will close for the season this week Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation said Monday.
The closure is because of seasonal staff heading back to school, the parks department says.
McMillen Park Pool will be closed effective today because of unforeseen staffing issues. Northside Pool will remain open for public swimming from 12:30 to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday and will close for the season at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
The parks department says McMillen Park Pool memberships will be honored at Northside through Saturday.
The City waterparks will remain open until further notice.
Waterpark locations and times:
- Buckner Park, 6114 Bass Road, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Franklin School Park, 1903 Saint Marys Avenue, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Kreager Park (Taylor’s Dream), 7225 North River Road, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- McCormick Park, 2300 Raymond Avenue & Holly Avenue, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Memorial Park, 2301 Maumee Avenue & Glasgow Avenue, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Promenade Park, 202 W. Superior Street, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Robert E. Meyers Park, Inside North Gate of Parkview Field on Jefferson Boulevard, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday, on days with no scheduled events)
- Shoaff Park, 6401 St. Joe Road, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Waynedale Park, 2900 Koons Street & Elzey Street, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.