Allen County COVID-19 deaths top 1,000
ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WPTA) - The Allen County Department of Health reported a record-high number of new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
The county said in a release that 20 residents died from the virus, bringing the county’s total to 1,013 deaths. They say 1,361 tested positive for COVID-19, the highest number of single-day cases reported thus far.
The county’s total case count now stands at 92,857. The case count includes a total of 43,789 probable cases from antigen tests reported since July 2020.
Mid-January, Indiana hospitals reported a record number of COVID-19 patients as the highly contagious omicron variant continues driving a statewide surge.
Tuesday, the Allen County Department of Health said it is opening a state-run, temporary COVID-19 testing and vaccination site starting Wednesday. Walk-ins are welcome, and appointments can be made by going to allencountyhealth.com or coronavirus.in.gov.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio’s coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out our COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.