ACDH opens state-run COVID-19 testing, vaccination site
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - The Allen County Department of Health (ACDH) said Tuesday it is opening a state-run, temporary COVID-19 testing and vaccination site starting Wednesday.
The site is located on the City’s north side at 3816 New Vision Drive and will be open from noon until 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays through Jan. 22, and again from Jan. 26 - 29. Both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, including Pfizer vaccines for kids 5+, will be offered at the site.
Earlier this month, ACDH said due to a statewide shortage of rapid COVID-19 tests, rapid tests are reserved for anyone 18 and younger and symptomatic individuals ages 50 and older. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests are available to anyone, regardless of age or symptoms. PCR test results are typically available in 2-3 days, officials say.
Walk-ins are welcome, and appointments can be made by going to allencountyhealth.com or coronavirus.in.gov. ACDH has also launched a COVID-19 hotline for residents who have questions or need help related to the ongoing pandemic amid a surge in local cases.
“Testing and vaccinations are among our strongest tools in the fight against COVID-19, and we’re thrilled to be partners in another effort to provide those tools to residents of Allen County,” Allen County Department of Health Administrator Mindy Waldron said.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio’s coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out our COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
Copyright 2022 WPTA. All rights reserved.